When I was pregnant with Chet and I first started shopping for baby items for him, I was a little overwhelmed at how many products were on the market. Being a first time mom, I wasn’t sure what was necessary and what we could do without, so we registered for pretty much everything. Then, after a few months of being a mom, I realized that not every baby item was a must have and I learned which items were really ‘must haves’. This time around with August, we have taken a more minimalistic approach and are reusing many of the baby items we already had, and we have also donated several items that we didn’t feel we needed. I also discovered some new baby items that we didn’t know about with Chet and I am in love with their functionality and I think August is too 🙂
- The Ollie World Swaddle: When Chet was a baby, I had a few velcro swaddles but I didn’t really care for them, so I never really used them. I had read amazing things about this swaddle, so I decided to give it a try. August and I love it! It is made with the softest material and August absolutely loves being swaddled in it. A few other fun facts: it’s made from custom moisture-wicking material to reduce the risk of overheating- perfect for the summer, it allows for a custom fit for all babies, allows access for easy diaper changes at the bottom opening of the swaddle (my favorite part!)
- Binxy Baby Shopping Cart Hammock: I haven’t used this yet, but I’m excited to use it once August gets bigger! It fits most standard grocery store carts and can hold up to 50 pounds in weight. It’s also been safety tested which gives this mama some peace of mind. The grocery cart gets full fast with two babies, so it will be nice to have it as an option in the future!
- Finn & Emma Clothing & Accessories: I am so obsessed with these cute baby items. I kind of wanted to buy the whole store but I’ll settle for these cute items for now. This month I ordered this super cute elephant romper, this knitted animal pacifier clip, and this natural wood hippo rattle. One of my favorite things about this company is that their baby clothes are made with the softest GOTS certified, organic cotton fabric- perfect for baby’s sensitive skin. All their items are also made with non-toxic, eco-friendly dyes which I love. They’re buttons are also lead and nickel-free!August doesn’t fit into this romper quite yet, but I cannot wait until he does! I’m also in love with non-toxic wooden toys. When August gets a little older, we will be stocking up on all kinds of them. This particular rattle (and all toys for F&E) are made from untreated Indian hardwood, finished with vegetable seed wax, and are filled with little beans. I love that I can get non-toxic toys from Finn & Emma and not worry about if they’re unsafe for my babies.
- Dock-A-Tot: This is one item I didn’t even know existed before we had August. It’s a multi-functional lounger, co-sleeper and playtime lounger. I absolutely love this! It makes our life so much easier. Since we co-sleep, it’s so nice being able to have August in it during the night. It’s also breathable and OEKO-TEX certified. This is one of those baby items that you could live without but you don’t really want to! 🙂
- Milestone Baby Cards: I love documenting my growing babies, especially in their first year. These cards are so darling for this. They have the cutest illustrations and I like that they come with cards for month milestones, as well as event milestones like saying your first word, crawling, etc.
- Lorena Canals Rug: oh my heck, I am so obsessed with this rug. It’s mazing quality, really well-made, and so easy to clean. Lorena Canals rugs are natural, machine-washable, made with natural dyes, and contain no VOCs like most carpeting and rugs. As a natural minded mama who is always on a mission to eliminate toxins, these are so important to me and I love that we can feel safe using these rugs in our home.
What are your must have baby items that you can’t live without?
Disclaimer: This blog post contains affiliate links but all opinions are my own.